Starting with only six employees, Electroswitch was founded in 1946 in Weymouth, Massachusetts as a switch supplier to the military. Over the succeeding decades, the expertise acquired in designing and building rugged, high quality, mil-spec rotary switches was adapted to new product lines as the company expanded into the heavy duty Industrial and Electric Utility markets.
In the 1970's and 80's, Electroswitch developed a succession of remotely operated, SCADA compatible products for the Utility industry. With the acquisition of the Westinghouse Switch Division in 1988, our five lines of instrument and control switches and six lines of electrically operated auxiliary relays made Electroswitch the industry leader. Our products are now in use at virtually every major Electric Utility in the United States and Canada.
A series of acquisitions in the eighties led to the establishment of both Lexington Reclosers, now in Weymouth, and Electroswitch Electronic Products in Raleigh, North Carolina, as independent units. We became Electroswitch Switches & Relays, a unit of the Electro Switch Corporation.
As we enter the new century, our 65+ years of growth and success have taught us the keys to an even brighter future. Superior Quality, rugged Reliability, innovative Solutions, and an unflagging commitment to Customer Service are at the core of our business philosophy.